Difficulty: ................. intermediate
Preparation: ............ about 30 minutes
Servings: ................. 1-2
250 gm prawns-shelled, washed, wiped dry
2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 cup curry leaves
1 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup peanuts-roasted
1 cup coconut-grated
2 whole red chillies
1 tsp salt or to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
coriander leaves to garnish
1. Grind together to a paste the peanuts, coconut and whole red
chillies. Put aside.
2. Mix well together, the oil, mustard, curry leaves and cook covered, at HI for 2 minutes. Add the yoghurt and stir vigorously to blend well (without lumps).
3. Add the ground paste, salt, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala and chilli powder. Cook covered at HI for 4 minutes, stirring once.
4. Add 1 cup of hot water and cook covered, at HI for 10 minutes, stirring once. Consistency of gravy can be to preference, so add water accordingly.
5. Add the prawns and cook at HI for 5 minutes (if frozen) or about 8 minutes if fresh. The size of prawns varies the time taken to cook. It is important to cook them just right.
6. Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.