Difficulty: ................. pro
Time: ............ about 30 minutes
Servings: ................. 1-2
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 green onions, chopped
3/8 cup olive oil
1 (16 ounce) can canned crabmeat, drained
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dry mustard
8 ounces buttery round crackers, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular dry bread crumbs
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over high heat. Saute green onions
briefly until tender; cool slightly.
2. Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Form into 1/2 inch thick patties.
3. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
4. Heat 1/2 cup oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
5. Cook cakes until golden brown on each side.
6. Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot.