Time: ............ about 60 minutes
Servings: ................. 4
6 oz. uncooked pasta (I used bow-tie pasta.)
1/2 medium, to large pot of water
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups milk for cheese sauce (I use skim milk.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
(2) 6-oz. cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
1 additional cup milk (while blending casserole together)
1/2 cup frozen green peas
Instructions1. Fill a medium to large pot one-half full of water. Add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring the water to a full boil.
2. Add the 6 oz. of pasta, and bring to a boil. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until al dente (chewy--not mushy).
3. While the pasta is cooking, prepare your casserole cheese sauce.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan on the stove.
5. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup flour an stir vigorously, until the two are blended into a roux.
6. Add 6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) grated Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups milk (I use skim milk), and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
7. Now cook and stir continuously for a minute or two, and then occasionally. The sauce should be thick and smooth about the same time that the pasta is cooked.
8. Drain the pasta in a colander in the sink and place the pasta back in the pot.
9. Stir in 1 additional cup milk, (2) 6 oz. cans chunk light tuna, drained, and 1/2 cup frozen green peas.
10. Mix thoroughly. transfer the mixture into an large oven-proof dish, which has been sprayed with cooking spray. 11. Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
12. Remove from oven, and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.